Tuesday 13 July 2010

Audio streaming to iPhone live - where is Opera.

Now the dust has settled from Shift-Happens, I can reflect free from goal-orientated desire. I suspect that the visual opera paradigm is getting in the way of my research development and have decided to look sideways (and backwards).

There are two projects that are important to this research programme but have yet to be synthesised:
- cyber Superfield [Mumbai]
- Podwalker at NRM

Furthermore, I am beginning to understand that the audio material is also the visual language - through dimensionality- , not the performers (as this would be a bit 'old school'.) I wonder if http://www.thebuildersassociation.org/ would be interesting visual language?

I am hoping to use the mobile phone as a method of communication for the musicians and Yorick.

The importance of Podwalker was about being present in 2 spaces at once: the mind and the NRM, each effecting the experience. As such I am curious to explore the effect of live streaming to iPhones AND the projection of sound through loud speakers. I suspect that there will be a corresponding diegetic phenomonon of sound - and therefore our perceptive understanding of its meaning - coming from
- inside here (solo iPhone stream)
- out there (iPhone and Speakers sync)
- Over there (solo speakers)

These may correspond and relate to stage based diegesis of
- non-diegetic
sound/ music/ voice
- diegetic sound/ music/ voice
- meta diegetic sound/ music/ voice

I will implement this into the 'The Unchanging Sea" project and 'Kitchen Sink'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.